Teacher and author Cindy Neuschwander will offer ten hours of instruction on effective ways to integrate math literature into math instruction for elementary and middle school teachers. The course will include:
* Theories and research supporting the use of math literature as an effective means of communicating mathematical concepts and skills
* Instruction based upon mathematical content areas and by grade level.
* Examples of math literature by content area
* Hands on activities for teachers to try for gaining understanding with math literature
* Activities and lessons for students that support math literature
* Authentic student work examples to illustrate and support lessons and activities
* Resources to support on-going in class lessons and activities
* Follow up communication with instructor for support and guidance in implementation of math literature lessons and activities
Return to Cal Poly Extended Ed website.
Cal Poly Extended Education
phone: (805) 756-2053 | fax: (805)756-5933 | email: email@example.com